Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delectable cookie that's good with coffee.
Make and share this Sesame Anise Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon anise seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Whisk the flour and baking soda in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, anise seed and salt until fluffy. Beat in the egg. Stir in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time.
- Pour the sesame seeds into a bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in sesame seeds. Place on greased baking sheets and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with a drinking glass. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 to 9 minutes. Cool on wire racks.