Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can also add some coconumt cilantro rice to this for a complete meal, but thuis is fine on it's own. The Soy glaze is the best part and tastes delicious dribbled over the vegetables.
- 1 lb fresh ahi tuna
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup wasabi peas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place aspargus in single layer and raost for about 20 minutes in a greased (Pam) baking pan.
- Put soy sauce in sauce pan with the sugar on low heat. Stir frequently until reduced and thick. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in frying pan over medium - medium high heat.
- Crush wasabi peas and mix them with sesame seeds on plate.
- Coat tuna in the mix.
- Place tuna in oil for approximately 2 minutes on each side (rare to medium rare).
- Slice tuna in medallions, spread on plate with asparagus. Drizzle soy reduction over the plate.
The tuna was excellent. I only did the tuna and not the asparagus. I did have to cook it longer because we like our tuna done a little more. The flavor was great and very easy to do. Served with Recipe #73574. It will be repeated many, many times.
Oh. My. God. This tasted like it came from a restaurant. DELICIOUS! This is going to become a regular dish. Where is the recipe for the rice? That sounds phenomenal!