Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can also add some coconumt cilantro rice to this for a complete meal, but thuis is fine on it's own. The Soy glaze is the best part and tastes delicious dribbled over the vegetables.
- 1 lb fresh ahi tuna
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup wasabi peas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place aspargus in single layer and raost for about 20 minutes in a greased (Pam) baking pan.
- Put soy sauce in sauce pan with the sugar on low heat. Stir frequently until reduced and thick. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in frying pan over medium - medium high heat.
- Crush wasabi peas and mix them with sesame seeds on plate.
- Coat tuna in the mix.
- Place tuna in oil for approximately 2 minutes on each side (rare to medium rare).
- Slice tuna in medallions, spread on plate with asparagus. Drizzle soy reduction over the plate.
The tuna was excellent. I only did the tuna and not the asparagus. I did have to cook it longer because we like our tuna done a little more. The flavor was great and very easy to do. Served with Spicy Asian Green Beans. It will be repeated many, many times.
Oh. My. God. This tasted like it came from a restaurant. DELICIOUS! This is going to become a regular dish. Where is the recipe for the rice? That sounds phenomenal!