Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A flavorful lowfat muffin.
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 78.07 ml toasted almond, finely ground
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 177.44 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 78.07 ml ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 44.37 ml sesame seeds, for muffin tops
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until all ingredients are moist.
- Spoon batter in muffin tin, filling to rims.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until light brown, and a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.