Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Australian Table magazine. Cooking time does not include marinading time.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 60 ml sesame oil
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 500 g filet of beef, cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch slices)
- 4 green onions, halved crossways and cut into 2 inch strips
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, to serve
- Place sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a shallow, non-metal bowl. Add beef, cover and chill for minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- Thread beef and onionsonto skewers (pre-soaked, if using wooden).
- Lightly oil a barbecue grill and head to medium high. Cook skewered beef, turning once, for 6 minutes (or to desired done-ness), occasionally basting with marinade.
- Serve with extra sesame oil and soy sauce and coriander leaves.