1/4 Photos of Sesame Almond Squares
Barb Gertz's Note:
A simple to make yummy cookie.I found the recipe in the Good Housekeeping magazine Christmas cookies section December 2005. Note: I think that these cookies would also be good using chocolate graham crackers or drizzling melted chocolate over the tops of cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place graham crackers side by side in ungreased jelly roll pan,(Make sure to use pan size called for; Crackers should cover entire pan with NO spaces in between) I lined the pan with release foil, this way the graham crackers fit really good in the pan.
- 3In a 1-quart saucepan, combine butter and sugar; heat to boiling over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, Boil 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- 4Spread mixture evenly over graham crackers; sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds.
- 5Bake 18 to 19 minutes or until graham crackers are slightly brown and butter bubbles and turns golden; WATCH CAREFULLY during the last 2 to 3 minutes of baking to make sure graham crackers do not over brown.
- 6Note: my cookies were done in 16 minutes.
- 7While cookies are still in pan, with knife, IMMEDIATLY cut each graham cracker crosswise in half.
- 8With metal spatula, transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- 9Store cookies in tightly covered container, with wax paper between layers,in refrigerator up to 1 month or freeze up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Almond Squares
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 62.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g