Recipe by Helen1
My Mom found this recipe on a box of kosher salt. It was good but she made it better with the addition of the sesame oil. This is easy and so good we never have leftovers.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) packageprepared coleslaw mix (pre-shredded cabbage with carrots)
- 6 green onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup pure sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chinese steam fried Chinese noodles (do not cook)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Lightly brown sesame seeds and almonds in a non-stick frypan (don't use oil or butter), then set aside to cool.
- Once sesame seeds and almonds have cooled, add to dressing and mix well.
- Place coleslaw in large bowl and add dressing, toss together and refrigerate overnight.
- Add noodles just before serving to maintain crispness.