My Mom found this recipe on a box of kosher salt. It was good but she made it better with the addition of the sesame oil. This is easy and so good we never have leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared coleslaw mix (pre-shredded cabbage with carrots)
- 6 green onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- 2Lightly brown sesame seeds and almonds in a non-stick frypan (don't use oil or butter), then set aside to cool.
- 3Once sesame seeds and almonds have cooled, add to dressing and mix well.
- 4Place coleslaw in large bowl and add dressing, toss together and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Add noodles just before serving to maintain crispness.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Almond Salad
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.3
- Calories from Fat 663
- Total Fat 73.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1337.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 8.6 g