Recipe by FloridaGrl
This is very popular at my DH's work pot lucks. Is really good when the romaine is fresh. Nice for summertime barbecues.
Top Review by Lynncoh
This is a great salad for any occasion. I do add cut up strawberries. It gives it a great flavor plus adds color to the salad. I use the sugar when making the salad for company but when it's for the family, I use the natural sugar replacement Stevia. It tastes just as wonderful without all the calories.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce, torn
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter and 1 tblspn sugar over medium heat. Add the noodles, sesame seeds and almonds. (Discard seasoning pack from noodles or save for some other use.) Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until browned; set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine and onions.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over romaine mixture; top with noodle mixture.Toss to coat.