1/2 Photos of Serviettenknödel (Bread Dumplings)
Very nice side to goulash and roasts. If dough appears to be too thin, add bread cubes. For bread dumplings add 50g flour to dough and form medium sized dumplings and let simmer for 20 minutes in mildly cooking water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop stale bread rolls in smallish cubes.
- 2Melt butter in a pan and add chopped onion and parsley. Let fry until translucent.
- 3Mix eggs, milk, sour cream, salt and nutmeg.
- 4Transfer butter, onion and parsley mixture to bread crumbs. Do the same with the milk - sour cream mixture.
- 5Adjust salt to taste.
- 6Let Knödel-dough rest for about 15 minutes.
- 7Then form a Ø 2-3 inch roll and wrap in heat resistant cellophane (looks like a sausage).
- 8Additionally wrap in aluminium foil and put in a pot with simmering water.
- 9Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 10Unwrap and cut in half-inch thick slices.
- 11(If you prefer dumplings add 50g flour to the dough, form medium sized dumplings and simmer in boiling water for about 20-25 minutes).
Browse Our Top Austrian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Serviettenknödel (Bread Dumplings)
Serving Size: 1 (828 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1780.6
- Calories from Fat 756
- Total Fat 84.0 g
- Saturated Fat 42.8 g
- Cholesterol 540.6 mg
- Sodium 2560.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 55.9 g