Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is an excellent make in advance serviette and is very stylish.
- 1 paper, serviette (large)
- 1 cloth, serviette (large)
- Lay your serviette square out flat before you.
- Take the bottom left and bottom right corners and bring them up to meet the top left and top right corners. You will have before you a long rectangle with the crease at the bottom.
- Again take the bottom left and bottom right corners and bring them up to meet the top left and top right corners, your rectangle is now only half as deep as before.
- Take the left short edge and fold it inwards by 1/4. Then take the right short edge and fold it inwards only about 1/3rd. You will have a little flap in the right side of your rectangle and a bigger one on the left side.
- Place your finger at the bottom center point of the rectangle, this is where the fold line will be, and taking the right short edge and keeping the flap undernieth, fold it over towards the left short edge, stopping short of the left edge.
- Then fold the right short edge again to the left, also not quite meeting up with the pleat that you made in the previous step. The result should be a neat square, three pleated serviette.
- Present flat on a plate.