Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is a simple mixture of my make in advance folds and various fans, different but still easy.
- Lay your serviette square out flat before you. Fold it in half horizontally.
- Take the serviette and fold it in half again vertically so that it is now a small square a quarter the size of the original square.
- Only one corner of the square will have 4 open / loose edges, rotate your square so that it is a flat diamond shape with the open corner pointing upwards. We will call this the North corner, and the top corner opposite South.
- Take the uppermost of the loose points at the North position and fold it towards bit not quite meet the South point.
- Take the next loose point at North position and also fold it towards the South point but stop short of it so that you have a triangle within a triangle. Tuck this second flap UNDER the first one that you folded down.
- Repeat with the third loose point and tuck it underneath the fold of the second loose point.
- Now slip a serviette ring over the point at South and bring it about 1/3 of the way up the serviette, creating a soft ruffle in the decorative front.
- Place neatly on a plate.