Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is a very simple envelope and could easily be made in advance.
- Lay your serviette out flat before you.
- Take the top left and bottom left corners and fold them over to meet the top right and bottom right corners. You will have before you a vertical rectangle with the crease on the left.
- Take the top right corner and fold it to the center point of the serviette (only a small amount) so that you now have a small triangle in the top right corner. Repeat with the top left corner.
- Now place your finger in the center of the bottom line of the rectangle. Bring the spot where your finger is, level to the top points of the triangle at the very top. You will now have before you a square shape on the top and the triangle you made earlier is hiding undernieth it.
- Take the top right corner of the square and fold it to the center point of the serviette (only a small amount) so that you now have a small triangle in the top right corner. Repeat with the top left corner. This should form a second triangle immediately above the first.
- Fold both triangles downwards so that the points both overlay the bottom of the square base by just a fraction. You now have a simple envelope shaped serviette that you can place on a plate.