Recipe by kiwidutch
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is almost identical to Serviette/Napkin Folding, Easy Make-In-Advance but is made in a raised position instead of flat so that decorative food items can be positioned inside. a small bunch of grapes or a handful of strawberries or a small handful of bon bons would go well in this... let your imagination loose and see what you can come up with !
Top Review by Foggy Kitchen
Excellent potential to sustain an artful tradition. "Cook" has excellent knowledge and is willing to share. Pix are important and helpful. I look fwd to refinement of presentation.
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay your serviette square out flat before you. Fold it in half horizontally.
- Take the serviette and fold it in half again vertically so that it is now a small square a quarter the size of the original square.
- Only one corner of the square will have 4 open / loose edges, rotate your square so that it is a flat diamond shape with the open corner pointing downwards. We will call this the South corner, and the top corner opposite North.
- Take the uppermost of the loose points at the South position and fold it up to meet the North point.
- Take the next loose point at South position and also fold it towards the north point but stop short of it so that you have a triangle within a triangle.
- Repeat with the remaining two loose points so that you now have a set of ever decreasing triangles on the front of your triangular serviette. If you have time, press these with an iron so that you have crisp sharp creases.
- Now carefully turn your serviette over so that the point of the triangle is in the North position.
- Take the right corner at the bottom and bring it up towards the top point at North, but instead of flattening it, make it into a soft curl. Repeat with the left corner so that you have before you a diamond shape with two rolled in sides meeting in the middle.
- Turn the serviette over carefully so that the curled ends are underneath, and making sure that it stays raised, place into a plate. Either leave plain for dramatic effect or full the inside hollow with grapes, flowers, bon bons -- .