Recipe by kiwidutch
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is very simple and so so easy.
Top Review by Perfect Pixie
I love all of this step by step napkin folding. It is so easy and quick. If it is a napkin I like to place them in a hardback book for about 10 minutes just so they keep their shape. Thanks for posting. Miss Pixie x x x :D
Directions See How It's Made
- Take your square napkin, lay it totally flat before you, then fold it in half horizontally.
- Fold again, this time vertically so that you have before you a square a quarter the size of your original square.
- Only one of the 4 corners will have 4 open or loose edges. Rotate the square before you so that the four open edges are in the top right corner.
- Take the top right and bottom right corners and fold them over to meet the top left and bottom left corners. You will now have before you a small vertical rectangle with the crease on the right.
- Take the topmost of the 4 loose flaps and bring it to the right in a fan shape, then repeat with the other three flaps making sure that each one is folded a little shorter then the first, giving a simple layered effect.
- Place on a plate.