Recipe by kiwidutch
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is another Heart, but also a very simple one to learn. Ideal for Weddings, a romantic dinner, Valentines etc... Decorate with flowers or confetti etc of you wish.
Top Review by Hans'sFeistyRedHead
Thank you so much for the cute idea! The directions were a piece of cake and the napkin turned out perfectly! Tucked one into my daughter's lunch box and she was pleasantly surprised. Will use for valentines day too!
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay your serviette out flat before you in a square.
- Take the top left and top right corners and fold them down to meet the bottom right and bottom left corners. You should have before you a rectangle with the crease at the top.
- Now take the bottom left and bottom right corners and bring them up to meet the top left and top right corners. you should have before you a long thin rectangle.
- Take the narrow edge at the right and fold it upwards along the center line of the serviette so that the end sticks out at the top. Repeat with the left narrow edge and you should have before you a shape that is square at the top and pointed downwards at the bottom.
- Take the top right corner and fold it under so make a cut off top on the right side.
- Repeat with the top left corner so that it looks like both the top corners are missing.
- Now go to the join in the center top of the serviette and take the left loose edge and carefully fold it under itself. Repeat with the right loose edge in the centre of the serviette and hey Presto! a Heart shape appears ! Place flat on the plate of someone you love.