Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Between the teachings of my grandmother, an aunt, my mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding. Here's a step-by-step instruction on how to make one of the easiest of them all.. Works well with cloth napkins, or larger paper ones. I have included step-by-step photographs to illustrate/supplement the written directions. I learned this one at the Oasis Restaurant in the small town of Omarama, in New Zealand.
- Lay your serviette square out flat before you.
- Fold the top and bottom left hand edges to meet the top and bottom right hand edges. You will have a long rectangle with the fold on the left hand edge.
- Fold the bottom short edge up about 1/3 of the way up the rectangle. Then repeat another 1/3 of the way up.
- Carefully turn the serviette over and fold the top and bottom East edge to the centre.
- Repeat with the West edge.
- Carefully turn this over again and you will have a neat package that has a pocket at the bottom into which a nametag, cutlery, flowers or a small gift can be inserted.
I did this for a dinner party, and it made my table look so great. Thank you for posting.