1/12 Photos of Serviette/Napkin Folding, the Fleur De Lis
Between the teachings of my grandmother, an aunt, my mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/napkin folding. This one works well with cloth napkins, or larger paper ones. I have included step-by-step photographs to illustrate/supplement the written directions. Another one from the Oasis Restaurant in Omarama, New Zealand. Looks good in a larger wine glass or on a plate. Added: SusieQusie is correct in her review, In step 6, you can tuck either right side into left OR left side into right, when you tuck in at the back, yes, it's one tuck and not two. Sorry 'bout the confusion that may have caused.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 paper, serviette (large)
- 1 cloth, serviette (large)
- 1Lay your serviette square out flat before you in a diamond shape.
- 2Fold the South point of the diamond up to meet the North point of the diamond.
- 3Fold the East point up to meet the North point of the diamond and repeat with the West point.You will now have a smaller diamond shape with a vertical gap running down the center.
- 4Carefully turn the serviette over.The point that has the open edges should be in the South of the diamond position.
- 5Fold these South points up to meet the North point, you will now have a triangle shape with a horizontal gap in the center.
- 6Turn the napkin over again and bring the East and West points into the center, tucking them inside each other.
- 7Turn the serviette over again and gently fold down the two outside flaps to make the petals of the Fleur-de-lis.
Browse Our Top Novelty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Novelty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Serviette/Napkin Folding, the Fleur De Lis
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: