1/5 Photos of Serviette/Napkin Folding, Fleur De Lis in a Glass Version3
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is very similar to Fleur de Lis in a Glass Versions 1 and 2, but the method of making it is different and it results in a tall central point at the top and side points with much less definition. Works well with cloth napkins, or larger paper ones. I have included step-by-step photographs to illustrate/supplement the written directions. For neater presentation use ironed napkins for this fold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 paper, serviette (large)
- 1 cloth, serviette (large)
- 1Take your square napkin, lay it totally flat before you, then fold it in half horizontally.
- 2Fold again, this time vertically so that you have before you a square a quarter the size of your original square.
- 3Only one of the 4 corners will have 4 open or loose edges. Rotate the square before you so that it looks like a diamond with the four open edges pointing to the top.
- 4We will call the points on your diamond shape East, West, South and the open edged bit, North.
- 5Starting at the East point, accordion fold the serviette until you are at the West point. Keep a firm hold on the East/West points once the accordion fold is complete, and you will see that you have a bigger fan at the top (the top has 4 open points of the serviette) and a smaller fan at the bottom.
- 6Take the bottom point of the bottom fan and curl it up upon itself like a snail shell until you are almost at the East/West points in your other fingers. The snail shell curl will anchor the fan in the glass and help it to keep its shape.
- 7Place the fan into a wine or water glass and you will have a small standing fan in a semi Fleur de Lis style but with smaller side points.
- 8Arrange the pleats to that they are even and neat.
Browse Our Top Novelty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Novelty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Serviette/Napkin Folding, Fleur De Lis in a Glass Version3
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: