Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Works well with cloth napkins, and all sizes of paper ones. I have included step-by-step photographs to illustrate/supplement the written directions. For neater presentation use ironed napkins for this fold of using cloth. This serviette is so easy that children can practice it and since it's flat, the serviettes can be made in advance and stacked.
- 1 paper, serviette (large)
- 1 cloth, serviette (large)
- Lay your serviette square out flat before you in the shape of the square.
- Fold the bottom left and right corners up to meet the top left and right corners so that you now have a rectangle shape with the crease at the bottom.
- Place your finger in the center of the bottom crease and with your other hand bring the bottom right corner of the serviette over so that the corner is between half and two thirds along the top line of the rectangle on the left.
- Now take the bottom left corner and fold it over so that the point and (what was) the bottom side are lined up with the outside right edge.
- The end result is a lovely and very simple heart shape that you can present flat on a plate.