Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
My interest in serviette folding was born on a wet day at my Grandmother's house, I was a pre teen and helping her with the ironing and watched while she ironed serviettes into wonderful shapes and neatly stacked them for use. I asked her to show me how and she did. Once you know several folds and people see them, they often have at least one other that you haven't seen before, you gain knowledge of the new one and on it goes. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one was called the Candle in a Wine Glass fold and is a mega easy variation of the Basic Roll. So easy, it takes about 20 seconds to make.
- 1 paper, serviette (large)
- 1 cloth, serviette (large)
- Lay your serviette out flat before you in a diamond shape.
- Take the point at South and roll it neatly completely up to the North point.
- Fold the serviette in half and place it into a wine glass.
- An optional variation would be to insert a serviette/napkin ring over the folded end before putting it into the wineglass.