1/18 Photos of Serviette/Napkin Folding, Candle Fan Fold
My interest in serviette folding was born on a wet day at my Grandmother's house, I was a pre teen and helping her with the ironing and watched while she ironed serviettes into wonderful shapes and neatly stacked them for use. I asked her to show me how and she did. Once you know several folds and people see them, they often have at least one other that you haven't seen before, you gain knowledge of the new one and on it goes. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one was called the Candle Fan fold and is a mixture of Serviette/Napkin Folding, Candle in a Wine Glass Fold and the fan Serviette/ Napkin Folding, Set Into a Wine Glass. Stylish and easy and a mixture of two serviette sorts in a style that will be new to many people who you try it out on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 paper, serviette (large)
- 1 cloth, serviette (large)
- 1Lay your serviette out flat and square before you.
- 2Bring the top and bottom right corners into the top and bottom centre of the serviette so that there is a vertical line running down the middle. Repeat with the left top and bottom corners. You should have before you a tall rectangle with a vertical gap running down the middle.
- 3Place your finger in the very centre of the serviette where the two flaps meet each other. With your other hand take the top right flap and pull it to the right, going past the top of the rectangle so that it make a triangle shape a little like the flap on a collar. Repeat with the top point on the left side. It now looks like the collar on a shirt with rather a wide neck at the back.
- 4The next step involves making a mirror image of the last step at the bottom, if it's easier then carefully turn your serviette around do that the collar is at the bottom upside down and then just repeat the previous step at the top as before. Once all four flaps are completed you will have before you a rectangle that has 4 triangles radiating out from the centre a little like a windmill.
- 5Starting at the bottom upside down collar part, take the bottom left and right edges and roll them as tightly as you can up to the centre of the serviette.( I set a glass on mine to keep it there while I did the next step).
- 6Turn the entire serviette around to the that roll is at the top and the collar bit of the top half is now upside down at the bottom.
- 7Accordion fold the bottom bit up to the centre (it will meet the roll at the middle).
- 8Now gather both ends (without letting it all unfold) and the roll should be in the middle.
- 9Place it into an empty water or wine glass and fan out the accordion fan bits at each side. So easy!
Browse Our Top Novelty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Novelty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Serviette/Napkin Folding, Candle Fan Fold
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: