Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
My interest in serviette folding was born on a wet day at my Grandmother's house, I was a pre teen and helping her with the ironing and watched while she ironed serviettes into wonderful shapes and neatly stacked them for use. I asked her to show me how and she did. Once you know several folds and people see them, they often have at least one other that you haven't seen before, you gain knowledge of the new one and on it goes. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one looks great.
- 1 paper, serviette (large)
- 1 cloth, serviette (large)
- Lay your serviette square out flat before you. Bring each of the points in to meet the center point of the serviette.
- Now a slightly tricky step -- your serviette is looking like a square before you, with the triangles pointing in to the middle.
- Place your fingers on the outside edges of the East and West sides, right at the center. Imagine that the line in between your fingers is the fold line. Fold the bottom half of the napkin backwards along this fold line and under so that the bottom two points at East and West come up on the back side to meet the top two East and West points. (when I did it my North and South triangles went a little haywire, if yours do too then just fix them back into place after the bottom fold has been made. You will now have a rectangle shape with large triangle pointing downwards on the top and two smaller triangles on each side.
- Now take the East top and bottom corners and fold them on top to meet the West top and bottom edges. You will now have a square shape with a diagional gap running from top left to bottom right.
- Only one corner will have 4 loose points, rotate your square so that it looks like a diamond before you with the 4 open points in the North position.
- Take the topmost of these points and make a relatively tight roll towards the South position, at about the half way point you won't be able to roll any further and you will have a horizontal neat cuff going east/west accross the diamond shape.
- Then take the second loose point at North and bring it to the South position, and still holding the point, start rolling it under itself heading towards the North position, at about the half way point you won't be able to roll any further and you will have a second horizontal neat cuff going east/west accross the diamond shape that's next to the first one.
- Take the East corner and gently fold it to the back until the point meets the center point, repeat with the West corner.
- Carefully turn it back to the front side and you will have a very tidy serviette with two cuffs in the middle.