Recipe by kiwidutch
My interest in serviette folding was born on a wet day at my Grandmother's house, I was a pre teen and helping her with the ironing and watched while she ironed serviettes into wonderful shapes and neatly stacked them for use. I asked her to show me how and she did. Once you know several folds and people see them, they often have at least one other that you haven't seen before, you gain knowledge of the new one and on it goes. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is a distant cousin to Serviette/Napkin Folding, Marie's Lily Pad Flower and can be made in advance and stacked ready for use.
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay your serviette square out flat before you in a square shape.
- Take the top right corner and fold the point into the center point of the square. Repeat with the other 3 corners. You should have a diamond shape in front of you.
- Carefully holding the middle, turn the serviette over so that it sits square before you.
- Take the top right corner and fold the point into the center point of the square. Repeat with the other 3 corners. Your square shape will now have become a diamond shape. Holding BOTH the front and backside carefully, turn it over again. You will have four loose flaps in the center of the top side.
- Take the point at the center of the top right loose flap and fold it back to meet the top right corner. Repeat with the three remaining flaps. This will give 4 little triangles in each of the corners.
- Place serviette carefully on a plate.
- Easy to make in advance.