Recipe by kiwidutch
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is almost duplicate of Serviette/Napkin Folding, Elegant and Easy except that the final step is folded forwards instead of backwards and gives an entirely new outline to the serviette.
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay your serviette out flat before you in a diamond shape.
- Fold the bottom point at South up to the top point at North, there will be a horizontal crease at the bottom.
- Fold the East corner up to meet the North point and then repeat with the West corner.
- Carefully turn the serviette over so that the open points are facing in the North position.
- Fold the South point up to meet the North point. You will now have a triangle that has a vertical gap running down the centre.
- Take the east/west points of the triangle and bring them together at the front, and three points will appear. Gently open the points just enough so that the serviette stands up by itself with the three points to the front and the east/west points facing to the back. Place decoratively on a plate.