Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is a close relative of Serviette/Napkin Folding, Celebrate With Candles!, Serviette/Napkin Folding, Simple Fan,and Serviette/Napkin Folding, Simple Fan Variation and is dramatic and easy. These can also be made in advance and stacked in a box ready for use.
- Place your serviette flat before you in a square shape.
- Carefully make accordion pleats from the very bottom of the serviette to the very top. You will have before you a long thin rectangular strip of pleated material.
- Starting at one end of the strip, carefully roll it up until you reach the 2/3 mark of the strip.
- Lay the spiral shape down so that it sits upright and gently fan out the last section that isn't rolled up.
- Holding the rolled up spiral section firmly, reach into the centre of the spiral and pull it the beginning edge and form it into a a small peak in the center.
- Arrange the serviette on a plate for dramatic effect.
Thanks, kiwidutch, for this and all of your other instructions for these lovely napkin arrangements! This is such an easy way to make a nice meal extra-special!
This is a lovely way to set a napkin for a dinner party. This was very, very easy and has a nice "ooh ahh" factor about it.
This is beautiful. So are many more of your napkin foldings. In fact it has turned into a obsession of sorts. Now I am collecting napkins, you'd be suprised at the pretty ones I've found at garage sales and second hand stores. When dinner is ready everyone comes to the table to see how I folded the napkins this time. Before you, my family was lucky to get a sheet of paper towel. Thanks for making our meals a bit more fun and alot more beautiful.