Recipe by kiwidutch
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is a close relative of Serviette/Napkin Folding, Celebrate With Candles!, Serviette/Napkin Folding, Simple Fan,and Serviette/Napkin Folding, Simple Fan Variation and is dramatic and easy. These can also be made in advance and stacked in a box ready for use.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place your serviette flat before you in a square shape.
- Carefully make accordion pleats from the very bottom of the serviette to the very top. You will have before you a long thin rectangular strip of pleated material.
- Starting at one end of the strip, carefully roll it up until you reach the 2/3 mark of the strip.
- Lay the spiral shape down so that it sits upright and gently fan out the last section that isn't rolled up.
- Holding the rolled up spiral section firmly, reach into the centre of the spiral and pull it the beginning edge and form it into a a small peak in the center.
- Arrange the serviette on a plate for dramatic effect.