Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From October's Everyday with Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Serrano Ham and Chicken Croquettes recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in 6 tbsp flour and cook, whisking, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk, lower the heat and continue to whisk until the sauce thickens and turns glossy, 1-2 minutes. Stir in thyme and nutmeg, then add chicken and ham; season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the remaining flour and cornflakes onto separate plates.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- Shape heaping tbsp of the chilled meat mixture into 2 by 1 inch cylinders and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Coat each one with flour, dip into eggs, then coat with cornflakes and transfer to baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the croquettes and fry until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve hot.