Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is good with pork as well as turkey. The black pepper sounds strange but is a great addition. From a friend in Louisiana.
- 2 -3 serrano chilies, stems removed,chopped or 2 -3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 16 dried apricots, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring continually to dissolve sugar.
- After the sugar is dissolved, increase heat to high and boil for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chutney to a serving bowl and cool.