Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pan roasted chicken breast with a Serrano Chili, Lemon, Shallot sauce. Served over a bed of linguine or mashed potatoes. Category: Entree Winner California Family Fitness Center Calendar Contest Number of Servings: 4 Susan Kakavas
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves (diced)
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 4 serrano chili peppers, sliced (or more for spicier)
- purple seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Rose's lime juice
- 6 lime slices
- 4 chicken breasts, fillet
- canola oil
- Instructions: Pound chicken breast (4) you may fillet chicken depending on desired thickness and coat each piece in flour mixture (flour,sea salt,pepper,and Parmesan cheese).
- Fry in pan with hot canola or olive oil. Turn only once each side until crispy brown, set aside on plate with foil tent.
- Melt butter in pan with oil and bits from frying. Add garlic and shallots and saute.
- Stir in lime juice, chicken broth and stir until smooth. When sauce is slightly thickened, add serrano chilis and grapes. Dilute with more chicken broth/white wine to desired consistency.
- Arrange chicken on a bed of linguine or mashed potatoes and pour sauce over top- garnish with lime wedges and Parmesan cheese if desired.