Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
WOO-HOO!!! If you like your Bloody Marys' with a kick, give this one a try. We use tequila, but vodka works, too.
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 -5 serrano chilies, stemmed & coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, stemmed & chopped
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 8 ounces tequila or 8 ounces vodka
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- celery rib
- In blender, mix lime juice, chiles, and cilantro, reserving several sprigs of cilantro for garnish. Add tomato juice and tequila, blend again. Strain into a tall pitcher.
- Serve over ice, garnished with cilantro & celery.
I cut this down to 2 servings and used vodka. I just added a dash of cilantro, and used spicy hot V8 instead of plain tomato juice. I enjoyed it. Made for Zaar 123 Hit Wonders Tag.
We liked it, used vodka (tequila makes me goofy!) and cut back on the cilantro, and used 2 chilies. Made for 12 tag.
I cut this down to 2 servings and made it with vodka and 1 chili. I think if I made it again I would probably use hot pepper sauce in place of the chili, as Galley Wench suggests. This one does provide quite a wake-up call in your mouth! Very tasty.