Recipe by Chef Shadows
SOURCE: www.IGOURMET.COM I have made these several times now and they are wonderful. Even though Mull of Kintyre is called for in preference, I prefer the Seriously Strong cheddar. Baking time is approx. watch until golden.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 ounce salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 4 ounces mull of kintyre cheese or 4 ounces scottish seriously strong cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper together.
- Massage in the butter and then slowly mix in the grated cheese.
- Beat the egg and add in the milk; add mixture to the dry ingredients to create a soft, elastic dough.
- Roll out the mixture on a lightly floured surface. Cut into round shapes and place on a well greased tray.
- Brush the top with milk and sprinkle a little extra cheese and pepper on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven in the center at 400 until golden brown.