1/1 Photo of Seriously Seasoned Black Bean Soup
I make BBS a lot. I've adapted it from the SBD the way I enjoy it. This recipe is well seasoned and a bit spicy. Sometimes I eat a small amount of this as an afternoon snack and it always curbs my hunger. It freezes well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced (or 1/4 cup chopped onion)
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, with liquid
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 1Heat oil in large pot. Saute scallions, celery, jalapeno, and garlic for 5 minutes. Add all spices, (except for balsamic vinegar). Cook two more minutes.
- 2Add Rotel tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes. Add black beans and chicken broth. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar.
- 3When beans are well heated add mixture to a blender and puree in batches. Add all batches back to pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- 4Top with fat free sour cream, cheese or onions.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seriously Seasoned Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 223.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 14.7 g