Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've been experimenting for over two years with flour mixtures to try and get a fluffy pancake and this one is the best so far. You may have to cook them a little longer at a lower heat than regular pancakes, but the results are worth it. Hope you like it as much as we do!
- 2⁄3 cup rice flour (fine grind)
- 2⁄3 cup sorghum flour (fine grind)
- 1⁄3 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In seperate bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until thoroughly blended together.
- Heat oiled skillet on medium low.
- Use a measuring cup or ice cream scoop to drop 1/4 cup batter into skillet for each pancake.
- Try not to stir down the batter or it won't be light and fluffy.
- Cook each pancake until it's dry on the sides and bubbles are coming to the surface.
- Flip and cook until done.
- You may have to break one open to make sure the batter inside is completely done.