Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
These cookies are for chocolate lovers and are sinfully delicious and easy to make. I adapted this from a Kraft Canada web site.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet baking chocolate squares
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt chocolate squares in microwave in large bowl on medium for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if using.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool comletely.
- *If not using nuts increase flour to 3/4 C to stop cookies from spreading.
I made these for a xmas cookie but I think the flour amount is way off, they spread out way too thin.I was very dissapointed in them