Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
Three different kinds of chocolate plus cocoa powder; now that is serious.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- grated chocolate, for garnish
- Place a double boiler over medium heat (simmering water in the bottom part; what you are going to melt goes in the top part).
- To the top pan, add the 2 cocoa powders and sugar; whisk until the sugar is melted and combined with the cocoa; beat in the butter, creaming with the sugar.
- Add a little of the milk; then add in the 3 chopped chocolates, whisking as they melt.
- Slowly adding the remaining milk; whisk until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and hot.
- Pour into 2-3 mugs; serve topped with whipped cream and grated chocolate.