Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 25 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 3⁄4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons morton lite salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 large chili peppers, wiped clean,stemmed,seeded and finely julienned
- 1 cup clam juice
- 3 -4 limes, juice only
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, leaves only,chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Sauté the garlic until it is tender but not brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, place on paper towels and reserve.
- Increase the burner heat to high.
- Quickly toss the shrimp with the salt and pepper in a bowl.
- When the oil is very hot and nearly smoking, add the shrimp.
- Sauté, turning the shrimp and stirring and shaking the pan to prevent sticking, for 3 to 4 minutes or just until the shrimp are still slightly undercooked.
- Remove from the heat.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a platter, leaving as much liquid as possible in the pan.
- Return the pan to the burner and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the garlic slices and chiles and sauté, stirring frequently, until the oil begins to turn orange from the chiles.
- Stir in the clam juice, along with the shrimp and any juice that has collected on the platter.
- Add the lime juice and parsley, bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately over Spanish rice or white rice.