Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT9 Scandinavia. These cookies were stated as being a traditional treat of Norway. Recipe from www.matoppskrift.no/sider/norwegianrecipes.asp
- 250 g plain flour (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 150 g butter (5oz)
- 100 g sugar (3oz)
- 1 egg
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar, and crumble the butter inches
- Add the sugar and beaten egg.
- Knead thoroughly and roll into a cylinder.
- Cut slices and shape into small balls.
- Place on a greased cookie tray, press down gently with a fork.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with chopped almonds or coarse sugar. Bake at 175°C for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.