Recipe by caffeine junkie
Serendipity is little restaurant in New York City, as featured in the movie Serendipity (with Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack). They are famous for their Frozen Hot Chocolate (Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate With Real Whipped Cream), but this cheesecake is a part of their many other desserts. I haven't tried it yet, but if it's from Serendipity, it just has to be good!
Top Review by sprue
this was fantastic! i used a grahm cracker crust (w/peanut butter for some pb lovers) but the cheesecake was sooooo delicious and smooth and tasty the only thing i changed in the recipe was i used lowfat cream cheese and sour cream but noone could tell the diference. it was a very creamy cake. although mine took over 2 hours to cook.. but still worth it. i think i will make this my staple cheesecake recipe from now on. thank you for posting!!
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- In a food processor, combine walnuts, butter and flour until smooth. Press lightly with your fingers into bottom of a 10" springform pan.
- In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar on low speed until smooth. Do not overmix.
- Slowly add vanilla and eggs; mix.
- Add lemon juice and sour cream; mix just until batter is homogeneous.
- Scrape batter into springform pan, tapping lightly on counter to get rid of air bubbles. Bake on middle rack of oven for 2 hours until all but the center is set. Remove from oven and immediately run a spatula around the edge of the pan to release cake from pan.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until firm. Remove springform ring. Store covered in refrigerator.