Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
For all you RanchHeads stationed here at Zaar. This one covers all bases: high fat, high sodium, high cholesterol! Printed on the back package of frozen peas as found by sheer accident. Don't you think this would be good in pita pocket sandwiches or on hardtack?
- 16 ounces frozen sweet peas
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (homemade is best!)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil the green peas for one minute then drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cooked peas, bacon, red onion, ranch dressing and cheese.
After seeing lazyme's review in the All you Can Cook special and having a bumper crop of sweet peas in my garden I couldn't wait to try this. I used fresh peas instead of frozen cooking them lightly and added the bacon grease from the cooked bacon. Other wise followed directions. This salad screams Spring and for all you pea lovers out there is so good and simple to make. We had a simple dinner of grilled hamburgers and this was a lovely fresh side salad.
This was a simple salad that we really enjoyed. Quick and tasty. Thanks Cookgirl for a nice salad side. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
Perfectly simple recipe for those who are a bit fussy about their pea salads. I prepared this for a Labor Day weekend cookout with semi-picky friends, and all of the pea salad eaters loved it. The bonus for me was that it used ingredients that I had on hand and didn't require an extra trip to the store.