Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
So good an garlicky an buttery.. A family fave since I was a little kid. You can oven bake or make on the grill.
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 dice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Lay out sheet of foil. Layer half of each ingredient , then the other half.
- Fold foil over and crimp to seal.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 45 minutes or can be cooked over coals.
These potatoes are wonderful! I used 4 large potaotes and put them all into a baking dish along with the other ingredients. I used garlic powder instead of salt, and salted butter instead of unsalted. I also sprinkled it all with some seasoned salt, then mixed well covered with foil and cook for the directed time. They were absolutely delicious and I will make them again.