Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a dear friend in Belgrade. It's as she makes it.
Make and share this Serbian Gjuwetsch (A One Pot Dinner) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (or lamb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tomatoes, peeled
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Chop onion fine and fry in oil with meat until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Add tomatoes, quartered, and peppers cut in long strips.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes. Add water and rice. Simmer for about 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
For me it's a fried rice without the eggs. Great recipe. I think I had almost 1 lb of ground beef. I omitted the oil. I used only red bell pepper. I used jasmine rice. I covered it at medium low for at least 15 minutes. And it was ready. Great taste. Thanks Annacia :) Made for Photo tag game
I added a bit of garlic and some mushrooms to this. It's a delicious dish, very quick and easy, and family-friendly as well. Thanks for posting!