Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Indonesian traditional sweet pancake with coconut sugar sauce.
- 200 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 300 ml coconut cream
- 50 ml pandan extract or 50 ml vanilla extract
- 50 g eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 50 g butter (1 big egg)
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 100 g brown sugar
- 25 g granulated sugar
- 2 vanilla pod
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Pancake :.
- Mixed and sieved the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- beat the egg and the salt until foamy.
- Mix in the coconut cream and the pandan leaves extract, add in the egg mixture. Pour in the mixture little by little into the flour. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Heat the small non-stick pan. Grease with butter. Cook the batter like a pancake. Repeat process until the batter are all used (make 20 pancakes).
- Put to boil all of the sauce ingredients. Let cool.
- Stack two pancakes in a bowl, pour over the sauce on top!
I made this for an afternoon tea for a charity drive. I made the pancakes very small - to fit in the small dishes I had. They were very popular and welcome on such a cold winters day.