Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 cups cornstarch
- 2 ounces freshly grated coconut
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Sift together cornstarch and sugar.
- Add coconut, salt, egg and margarine.
- Mix with your fingertips to form a dough ball.
- Roll dough into 2-inch cylinder.
- Cut into 1 inch slices to form cookies.
- Place cookies on greased cookie sheet.
- Use the tines of a fork to make grooves on the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely and keep in a tightly closed tin.
This cookie had a chalky taste, in addition the texture appeared to be very dry, to taste and touch! The recipe called for nine servings, I made three dozen. I sprinkled powdered sugar over the cookies, still couldn't get away from the chalky taste. I wonder if something was left out of the recipe? Sorry!