1 hr 25 mins
I was looking through (forgive me) another recipe site, and found this. I have been making it for the last four Thanksgivings. It has become a "traditional" Thanksgiving side dish (and for any other meal). I made it the first year and brought it to my daughter-in-law's house, now three years later, she is making it for Thanksgiving.It can be used with chicken and pot roast too) The peeling & cutting of the potatoes and squash is a little bit of a bother, but it's worth the work. You will love this dish! I usually double the ingredients so we will have leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Peel the squash and sweet potatoes.
- 3Cut both the sweet potatoes and the squash into 1 inch cubes. Place most of the oil in the pan (I use a 9-inch13"), and add the sweet potatoes and the squash and bake, covered with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes.
- 4After 20 minutes is up, remove dish from oven and remove foil.
- 5Add cranberries (I use more than 1/4 cup).
- 6Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon on top and dribble with remaining oil (again, I use a little more of the sugar, cinnamon and oil).
- 7Bake uncovered at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, or until well browned.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sephardic Sweet Potatoes and Squash
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 68.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g