Recipe by l'ecole
A really nice Jewish version of the wonderful Greek soup that I found on a now-defunct international recipes website (recipes.wuzzle.org).
- 1360.77 g chicken
- 1892.72 ml water
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 78.07 ml raw rice
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 44.37 ml cold water
- parsley (for garnish)
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken, water, parsley, onion and salt in a large pan and bring to a boil. Cover pan and let simmer for 45 minutes. Remove chicken and parsley.
- Cut meat into cubes and discard parsley. Set aside.
- Add rice to broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Mix cold water with cornstarch.
- Add lemon juice to the soup and cornstarch mixture. Slowly add egg to the soup. Add chicken and reheat.