Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A really nice Jewish version of the wonderful Greek soup that I found on a now-defunct international recipes website (recipes.wuzzle.org).
- Put chicken, water, parsley, onion and salt in a large pan and bring to a boil. Cover pan and let simmer for 45 minutes. Remove chicken and parsley.
- Cut meat into cubes and discard parsley. Set aside.
- Add rice to broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Mix cold water with cornstarch.
- Add lemon juice to the soup and cornstarch mixture. Slowly add egg to the soup. Add chicken and reheat.