1 hr 15 mins
A really nice Jewish version of the wonderful Greek soup that I found on a now-defunct international recipes website (recipes.wuzzle.org).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put chicken, water, parsley, onion and salt in a large pan and bring to a boil. Cover pan and let simmer for 45 minutes. Remove chicken and parsley.
- 2Cut meat into cubes and discard parsley. Set aside.
- 3Add rice to broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- 4Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- 5Mix cold water with cornstarch.
- 6Add lemon juice to the soup and cornstarch mixture. Slowly add egg to the soup. Add chicken and reheat.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sephardic Chicken Egg Lemon Soup (Koto Supa Avgolemono)
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.2
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 224.6 mg
- Sodium 579.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 45.1 g