Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one contains no wine therefore I don't know how "authentic" it is. It's either a huge typo or I just know diddly about charoset. So-I compromised by replacing 2 tablespoons of the orange juice with red wine or you can use grape juice. Recipe source unknown.
- 2 valencia oranges, zested, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 small apple, cored and stem removed (I added this because I love apples in charoset)
- 1⁄4 cup- 1/2 cup honey (I used only about 3 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (or 2 tablespoons orange juice and 2 tablespoons red wine or grape juice)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (reduced from 1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ginger (I used freshly grated ginger)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 dates, preferably Medjool, cut into small pieces
- Arrange the fruit on a platter.
- Whisk the honey, orange juice (or juice and wine), cayenne, cardamom and ginger together. Pour over the fruit, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the walnuts and dates. Garnish with orange zest. Serve.
- Servings are estimated.