Recipe by Vino Girl
From SELF magazine. The recipe is credited to Personal chef Bernie Guzman, who has cooked for Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith.
- 4 sheet phyllo dough
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 59.14 ml raw sugar, such as turbinado, divided
- 226.79 g nonfat vanilla yogurt, warmed to room temperature
- 226.79 g neufchatel cheese or 226.79 g low-fat cream cheese
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml pitted cherries (such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries) or 354.88 ml mixed berries (such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries)
- 14.79 ml Grand Marnier or 14.79 ml rum (optional) or 14.79 ml Kahlua (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place a sheet of phyllo on a flat surface such as a cutting board; spray lightly with spray and sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar.
- Cover with another sheet of phyllo. Repeat three times, finishing with spray and sugar.
- Using a pizza cutter or a very sharp knife, cut the phyllo into 3-inch squares.
- Place each square in a cup on a muffin tin, pressing in gently and fanning phyllo layers so corners don't overlap.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Whip yogurt in a small bowl.
- Fold in Neufchâtel and vanilla (and liquor, if desired).
- Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- After cups have cooled, remove them from muffin tin.
- Add 1 tbsp yogurt mixture to each cup.
- Top with fruit and serve.