Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this recipe because I made Sharon 123's recipe for Paprika Oil and thought it would enhance this dish nicely. Of course you can use olive oil. I was going for a chicken paprikash dish without the fat of sour cream and add lots of veggies like carrots, mushrooms and onions. Makes it a light dish for Valentines Day--saves room to share a sensual dessert for two!
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt, I used Flavored Salt Flavored Seasoned Salt
- 9.85 ml sweet paprika or 9.85 ml hot paprika, your choice
- 453.59 g chicken breast, gently pounded with flat side of mallet
- 14.79-29.58 ml luscious olive oil
- 226.79 g baby carrots, cut lengthwise
- 340.19 g exotic mushrooms or 340.19 g button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml champagne, Drink the rest of the bottle with dinner for 2
- 29.58 ml silky tomato paste, to thicken and give that red valentine color to the dish
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Mix the first 3 ingredient together.
- Coat tenderized chicken with the flour mixture and let sit to absorb while stir frying veggies.
- In a very large non stick pan, heat oil and stir fry carrots, mushrooms, and onions 2 minutes over high heat add garlic stirring constantly for 3 more minute. Remove veggies and keep warm.
- In the same pan brown one side of chicken adding oil only if needed for 1 minute. Flip and top with the cooked veggies cooking for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the champagne cook for 3 minutes.
- Add herbs and stir in paste cook till the champagne is reduced in half and sauce is glistening.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve over white rice or noodles.
Lovely dinner! I omitted the carrots because I didn't have any and used smoked paprika. for the mushrooms I used a combination of chantrelles, baby bella and button mushrooms and I added some minced shallot with the onion. Instead of mincing the garlic I used shaved slices. So very good!! Served it over rice, but I think mashed potatoes would be even better. Made for Las Mistico Magicos Sirenas ZWT - 5.
Definitely enjoyed this dish! The flavors just all came together so nicely! We are not mushroom fans so I left that out but otherwise, followed the recipe exactly! Thanks for sharing! Made for Ali Baba Babes for ZWT5.
WOW, wow, wow! Rita, what a LOVELY recipe - I so enjoyed this, and it was even sensual to cook too, mainly due the odd slurp of champagne!! I cut my carrots into julienne strips and used local Morel mushrooms, I LOVE them! I used smoked paprika, pimenton, for a little kick and fresh thyme, majoram and parsley for the mix of herbs - also as a garnish too. I cut this recipe back to 1/4, as I am by myself at the moment.......I used one large chicken breast, pounded and cut into three pieces. There was no need for any other accompaniments, as I enjoyed this by itself with all the pan-fried veggies. Poetic food and a keeper. Made for the Whine and Cheese Gang for ZWT5 and France. Merci ma leeetle Petits Pois! FT:-)