Recipe by Rita~
I came up with this recipe because I made Sharon 123's recipe for Paprika Oil and thought it would enhance this dish nicely. Of course you can use olive oil. I was going for a chicken paprikash dish without the fat of sour cream and add lots of veggies like carrots, mushrooms and onions. Makes it a light dish for Valentines Day--saves room to share a sensual dessert for two!
Top Review by Kim127
Lovely dinner! I omitted the carrots because I didn't have any and used smoked paprika. for the mushrooms I used a combination of chantrelles, baby bella and button mushrooms and I added some minced shallot with the onion. Instead of mincing the garlic I used shaved slices. So very good!! Served it over rice, but I think mashed potatoes would be even better. Made for Las Mistico Magicos Sirenas ZWT - 5.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, I used Flavored Salt Flavored Seasoned Salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika or 2 teaspoons hot paprika, your choice
- 1 lb chicken breast, gently pounded with flat side of mallet
- 1 -2 tablespoon luscious olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots, cut lengthwise
- 12 ounces exotic mushrooms or 12 ounces button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup champagne, Drink the rest of the bottle with dinner for 2
- 2 tablespoons silky tomato paste, to thicken and give that red valentine color to the dish
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 3 ingredient together.
- Coat tenderized chicken with the flour mixture and let sit to absorb while stir frying veggies.
- In a very large non stick pan, heat oil and stir fry carrots, mushrooms, and onions 2 minutes over high heat add garlic stirring constantly for 3 more minute. Remove veggies and keep warm.
- In the same pan brown one side of chicken adding oil only if needed for 1 minute. Flip and top with the cooked veggies cooking for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the champagne cook for 3 minutes.
- Add herbs and stir in paste cook till the champagne is reduced in half and sauce is glistening.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve over white rice or noodles.